We’ve just pushed LightPaper 1.2, which brings a lot of new features, improvements and bug fixes. We’ve been blogging about some of the upcoming features of LightPaper here such as LightPaper Mini, Shadow Notes, Script Assets etc.
Thanks to all our alpha and beta users for trying it out and giving us early feedback. You guys are awesome!
Here is a list of things that have been added, improved and fixed in version 1.2:
- LightPaper Mini – Sits in your system menu bar to allow you to take quick notes Learn more…
- Shadow Notes – Take notes for anything on your computer – an app, a folder, a file, a browser, URLs within browsers etc. Learn more…
- Custom CSS – Add custom global CSS styles for all your documents.
- 🌈 New Themes – Comes bundled with two new LightPaper themes – LightPaper Light and LightPaper Dark for both the preview and the editor.
- 💄 New Branding – New year 🎉, New icons, New site: http://lightpaper.42squares.in/
- LightPaper now restores last opened folder.
- PDF can now be exported even when the preview is collapsed
- Auto Pair $ (dollar) sign – Really helpful if you do a lot of MathJAX typing. Enable it first from
- LightPaper is now signed using Apple Developer ID 🍎.
- MultiMarkdown output now support syntax highlighting using PrismJS.
- 🚀 Overall performance improvement 🚀
- Lot of emojis in release notes
- Fixed jumping issue when hitting enter key in bullet mode
- Fixed some weird issues when typing asterisks
- Fixed drag-and-drop folder not opening the folder
- Fixed a bug where it wouldn’t allow to open a folder twice
- Removed ellipses (…) from Save menu title if a document is not an untitled one
- Type through autopair character if it is typed i.e. no more ] or ())
- Fixed a bug where moving a tab item would not update the preview
- Fixed a bug where a code blocks wouldn’t get highlighted for new documents
- Fixed a bug where a quotes wouldn’t autopair in the middle of a sentence
- Fix a bug where External Preview wouldn’t render properly after switching from Real Preview
- Fixed couple of memory leaks
- Fixed crashes for some users
- Few other minor bugs and random crashes 🐛 💥